Thursday, March 21, 2019

sound effects

So as I was editing, I felt really uninspired. I really wanted to make the fight scene stand out. That night, I was watching the movie Limitless. And there was a part in the movie where the shot was in slow motion of the main character fighting, and then the clip changed from slow motion to fast. And while it changed to the fast motion there was a small sound effect. It's all really hard to explain but I tried incorporating that into my fight scene.

Scene from Limitless















com, themeforx. “Limitless (2011) Favorite Moments.” YouTube, YouTube, 15 Feb. 2018, www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrDAuU8Blhc.

Our fight scene















In our fight scene I tried incorporating that same technique. My sound effect is a bit different from the one in the movie and since the beat drops right at that same time it's a bit hard to hear but I did get my inspiration from the movie Limitless. I also made it slow motion at first then changed it to a fast pace just like in the movie.

To get these sound effects I went on to Youtube and looked up "sound effects for editing". And a video popped up that contained many cool sound effects. So I downloaded the whole thing a picked out what I liked.
xhashtagot5x. “SOUND EFFECTS USED FOR EDITING.” YouTube, YouTube, 18 Jan. 2019, www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4s7LVCo6Mo&t=2s.

Another sound effect I added was when Montoya was getting knocked out and felt dazed, I made the crowd/talking noise distorted in the background, giving it an echo effect. All I did was copy and pasted the same audio track multiple times and dragged it to different places.

















This effect really let the viewers know that Montoya is losing consciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

M.I.A. CCR