Tuesday, March 19, 2019

editing with music

As I started to edit I felt like the fight scene looked really plain. I didn't like how we were just hearing plain wind in the background. It felt too quiet and boring. So I decided I was going to add some music. I felt like adding some music would make the fight scene look more entertaining and draw the viewer in more. I felt like rap music would be a good type of music to add. I really did not want instrumental, I wanted something with lyrics. I first went on the Youtube library and searched up "rap music". But all the music that came up was instrumental. There were no lyrics, just beats. I then went on to google and typed in "royalty free rap music". However, all the songs were still instrumental. So I then went on to Youtube to try to find royalty free rap music. It took about 10 minutes but I then found a royalty free rap song that had lyrics and was not just instrumental. It was called  “Bushey - Hitta [Free Hip Hop & Rap].”  This song was slow at first but then had a beat drop so I decided I could start the fight when the beat drops to give it a more dramatic effect. I added the music and the video immediately became more engaging. The part when the boxers were walking up to each other is when the song was a bit slow so I made one of the scenes go in slow motion, and when the first punch was thrown is when the beat dropped and everything was at a faster pace. The music isn't over powering at all and it really sets the mood of the whole scene while also keeping the viewer interested in what is going on. 

NoCopyrightTracks. “Bushey - Hitta [Free Hip Hop & Rap].” YouTube, YouTube, 29 July 2018, www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpuV0Ra7234.

Tomas is also editing his version of the film opening just for fun but we are going to be turning mine in. His has no music. 

Tomas' version (no music)
In this video, there's a lot of annoying noise from the wind and such and I didn't like that background noise at all. It really just distracts you from the fight .

My version (with music)



In my opinion, I believe adding music makes the fight scene look way more interesting than having no music. It looks really plain with out the rap music 


My

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

M.I.A. CCR